Monday, June 19, 2006

My Heart is Full of Yearning (or is it A Strange Kind of Love)


I don't usually give much personal stuff away on this blog - it's neither it's purpose nor my thing. However I am on cloud 999 tonight because just like any fast approaching middle age saddo, I'm ecstatic that my old time favourite band are reforming to tour. But not for me the likes of Take That or any mainstream stuff. Oh no! My heart belongs to Cud. Either you know of them or you just have to Google.....

In my wild and dim and distant past I had connections with them. A strange time in my life, not so much to do with the band, just personal circumstances. Anyhow, here I am stirred up at the thought of a gig - who'da believed it?

At the same time that rumours of the gigs were starting to surface, I had to do an entry in a circle journal - about a momentous record in my life. Everyone else had filled their little paperbag book with details of the tune that reminded them of a birth, a meeting of or marrying of their husband - that kind of thing. I couldn't get Cud out of my head and fought it until I had missed the posting date, then just HAD to do my Cud thing. Hence, a group of ladies over in Northern Ireland now know more than they ever wished to about my life with Cud..........



blog comments powered by Disqus