Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Comfort food

Comfort food is different to comfort eating.  It's not about putting a wrong right, rather it's about feeling cosy.  Recently we had a dark, miserable rainy day so, being in the mood for gentle indulgence, we sat down to the most delicious corned beef and potato pie with beans and fruity sauce.

We've been watching The Great British Bake Off and my pie might not have won their accolades, but boy it tasted great and the pastry was short, crumbly and a total delight.  My family had always told me that they didn't like pies, but this converted them to the point where they were flinging pie ideas at me left right and centre. 

Since then I've also made a minced beef and onion pie and I've even bought new pie dishes to bake them in.  Next on the list is chicken pie and then of course there are all the fruit pies......  If anyone has ideas for fillings for savoury or sweet, I'd love to hear them.   Looks like this autumn/winter could be pietastic!
blog comments powered by Disqus